The development of analytical and critical skills relevant for developing a holistic perspective on behavioural economics.
The Summer School course “Regional Development in Post-Crisis and Post-Global World“ offers a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes and challenges of regional and urban development and management in dialogue with international academic experts and practitioners. This will be achieved through lectures from leading academics and experts in the field.
During the course, the participants will obtain a profound understanding of the substance and usefulness of the most important concepts in regional development, while they will also become part of a network of contacts with academics and practitioners working in the field. This will allow them to either re-orient their future studies or refresh and extend existing knowledge.
- Evaluate the current trends and future prospects in the field of behavioural economics
- Develop a holistic perspective on evolution, cultural differences and challenges of cooperation
- Develop basic framework for analysing behavioural mechanisms of economic decision making
- Account for psychological and cultural aspects in decision-making.
- Graduate students and Undergraduate students on last year of ther studies (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities)
- Professionals working in the field
- Students wanting to acquire a mark equivalent to 6 ECTS have the opportunity to do so on the basis of a satisfactory take-home Essay, to be submitted by July 15th 2022.
- Course attendance and receiving a passing grade in the writing exam which will be given in the form of an essay.
- The goal of the essay is to show the necessary ability to critically think about the challenges of behavioural economics.
- The essay should have approximately 10.000 words.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded 6 ECTS equivalent mark.